Failing to comply with standards constitutes either an offence at law, or a breach of procedures or other directions – dependant on the kind of controls imposed at the work site or workplace.
- Hazard – advising of risks. Like regulatory, they are also divided into the following:
- Danger – warns of a particular hazard or hazardous condition that is likely to be life-threatening – situations or actions that could possibly ‘kill you’;
- Warning – warns of a hazard or hazardous condition that is not likely to be life threatening, but could still ‘hurt you’.
- Emergency information – indicates the location of, or directions to, emergency related facilities such as exits, safety equipment or first aid facilities – these are used to ‘inform you’.
- Fire – advise the location of fire alarms and fire fighting facilities and equipment; this classification is also a means of an ‘inform you’ sign.
Safety signs, including the full range of Road Signage, can be manufactured in leading edge reflective materials designed for all environmental conditions. Vital Brand can also custom design to meet specifications.